CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas

When I was a kid I used to get so worked up over Christmas, the tree, the presents, Santa coming, family, and the candlelight service at church. I have tried to have many of these same traditions for my own children, some have stayed, some not so much. My 11 year old, Timmy is such a kid at heart. I think he still buys into the whole Santa thing. We were tracking Santa on NORAD and I could feel his excitement. My heart is breaking because my family is falling apart. My husband wants not to be with me anymore. He says he is done. He has tried and I never listen and he wants out. He has moved into the spare room. I am pretty crushed right now. I want desperately to make this work for our kids. They deserve so much better. Financially we are in such a place where we really can't afford this. I never thought I would end up like this....or I would put my kids through this. They don't want to leave their house or change schools.
This is on top of the events of December 3, when one of our two dogs attacked and killed our precious family cat Oreo in front of my 11 year old son. He tried to help and couldn't. It was pretty awful. I took the dog to the pound to be put down(he had also go out of our fence and tried to bite a walker) and then had to take the cat to the vet to be cremated. Thanks to my mom who came to help since my husband was at work. They boys are OK about the dog but we all miss the cat. I feel like this is supposed to be a joyful time of year and all I feel is stress and more stress.
I wouldn't trade my kids for anything. They deserve better. I just don't even know where to go with all this and what to do........
Things should be good, Zac made the basketball team at Alexander, we both have jobs. I guess I just have to let him do his thing and see where the chips fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment